Patents and Utility Models
We help to protect your technical innovations by patents. This starts with identifying and evaluating valuable ideas.
The main topics of our work in patent and utility model law are as follows:
- Representation before the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO), the German Federal Patent Court (BPatG), the European Patent Office (EPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO
- Conducting and evaluating novelty and infringement searches (Product Clearing)
- Preparing patent and utility model applications
- Prosecuting patent and utility model applications during examination
- Attacking and defending patents in opposition and nullity proceedings as well as utility models in cancellation proceedings
- Validation of European patents as well as nationalisation or regionalisation of international patent applications
- Setting up, controlling and managing intellectual property portfolios in Germany, Europe and internationally
- Monitoring and assessing intellectual property rights of competitors
- Clarifying usage issues in case of patent or utility model infringements
- Preparing and negotiating licence agreements
Companies which do not have a patent department particularly benefit from our experience from industry. We can act as an “external patent department” for them.
» Intellectual Property Rights